Want to comment, or post your own questions or thoughts for our agronomists? Click the “SIGN UP” button above and get started!
We are well underway in our 2012 research plots. Mike and the boys are putting in long hours on the more than 825 acres we are using, split between the Lexington, Nebraska and Arapahoe, Nebraska Research Farms.
Mike will have many more details as the season goes on, but in general we are testing:
- 4th year of no-till vs strip-till comparison in the same fields
- Nitrogen studies with inhibitors
- Effects of late fertilization with 4 companies, 6 hybrids each
- Deep-rooting vs shallow-rooting hybrids with strip-tillage
- Goss’s Wilt studies
- Hitting the 100-bushel soybean mark with strip-till